Monday, February 16, 2009

Day X


So I cannot remember exactly what happened each day up to my current level. I'm going to give you some basic guidelines I followed until I hit level 26.. my current level.

1. Meat always sells on the AH. Meat you find whether it be Boars meat, fish, Spider meat whatever, it will sell on the AH.

2. If you don't use an addon like auctioneer and you search the AH for the item you're trying to sell but can't find any use wowhead.com Wowhead is a great site that lists not only the average price for items but also the uses for them and usually a couple of helpful comments. I use wowhead all the time to see the worth of an item.

3. Use auctioneer. It makes life simple. U can set all your prices for items and then post them all with the click of one button. Having to sort each item and manually install each price for each item is just time consuming. Having an addon like auctioneer makes it so you don't have to search for the market price whenever you find an item as long as you have a good history of searches for your Auctioneer database.

4. I didn't get any professions b/c I want to see what kind of raw money I can make but picking up skinning and mining/herbalism can be great ways to make money as you level as well. There are tons of people who would rather pay 50s for some peacebloom rather than step outside their city and pick it themselves.

5. Use an alt to hold items when you can't get to a major city. I mail every white item I get when to my alt Britneyfearz whenever I am near a mailbox. It clears up my bag space and allows me to continue collecting more items to sell on the AH when I do go back to a major city. When you enter a major city just log off your leveling character and go toy our alt. Open a nearby mailbox and click return on all the wonderful goodies that you were sent. This will return all the items to your main character so you can see how much money you are actually making. (Another thing to do is just park that bank-alt in a major city and have them do all the Auctions.)

Well now I am level 26 and sitting pretty with 60 gold 82 silver and 89 copper. I hadn't been near an AH in awhile so I had tons of stuff to put up on the auction house. Hopefully they will sell and I'll break 100g before level 30. I'll afford my ground mount w/o the help of a main and I'll also have first aid maxed out as high as I can with my level. I just finished with wool so I am now selling it all on the AH for huge profits. Wool sells really well.

Another interesting thing I forgot to mention is that there are a few quests while you level that selling the quest materials is a good idea. The Paper Shredder quest in Ashenvale and the similar one in Grom'gol are the two that come to my mind. If you don't mind losing the exp you would gain from completing these quests, selling the materials is a nice way to net some gold.

1 comment: